The American Academy of Pediatrics has released their latest recommendations on car seat use for children.
According to the April 2011 issue of Pediatrics, parents and caregivers are urged to slow down the transition from one car restraint to the next. The Academy says parents should not view the transition as “a rite of passage” based on the child’s age. The group also outlined five new recommendations for child car seats:
1. Infants and toddlers should ride in rear facing car seats until the age of 2, or until the weight or height limit allowed by the seat’s manufacturer is reached.
2. Children over 2 should ride in forward facing harnesses until the height or weight limit is reached. In Wisconsin, children must be harnessed until age 4.
3. All children whose weight or height is greater than the limit of child safety seats should ride in a belt-positioning booster seat using a lap and shoulder belt until they have reached 4 feet 9 inches in height. In Wisconsin, a child must be at least 8 years-old to be out of a booster seat.
4. Children who are old enough and meet the height requirement should use a seat belt, with lap and shoulder belts.
5. All children younger than 13 should ride in the back seat of a vehicle.
To learn more about child car seats and auto accidents, please contact the Racine car accident lawyers of Habush Habush & Rottier, S.C. ® by calling 800-242-2874.
- Auto Defects (15)
- Auto Recall (13)
- brake defect attorneys (1)
- brake defect lawyers (1)
- Car Accident (19)
- Car accident attorneys (3)
- Car accident statistics (1)
- Driver safety (2)
- Drunk driving accident lawyers (2)
- Drunk Driving Accidents (17)
- Fatal truck crash attorneys (1)
- Motorcycle accident lawyers (2)
- Motorcycle Accidents (8)
- Motorcycle crash attorneys (1)
- Pedestrian Accident (5)
- Racine accident lawyers (2)
- Racine auto defect attorneys (3)
- Racine auto defect lawyers (2)
- Racine Car Accident Attorneys (103)
- Racine Car Accident Lawyers (102)
- Racine drunk driving accident attorneys (5)
- Racine drunk driving accident lawyers (7)
- Racine pedestrian accident attorneys (3)
- Racine pedestrian accident lawyers (3)
- Racine reckless driving accident attorney (13)
- Racine reckless driving accident lawyer (9)
- Racine rollover accident attorneys (3)
- Racine rollover accident lawyers (3)
- Racine semi-truck accident lawyers (2)
- Racine semi-truck collisions (2)
- Racine speeding accident attorneys (2)
- Racine speeding accident lawyers (2)
- Racine tire defect accident (1)
- Racine truck driver accident lawyers (1)
- Reckless Driving (4)
- Reckless driving accident lawyers (2)
- road defect attorneys (1)
- road defect lawyers (1)
- Rollover accident lawyers (1)
- Rollover accident victims (1)
- Speeding Accidents (2)
- Tire defect lawyers (1)
- Truck accident lawyers (2)
- Truck Accidents (2)
- Truck driver negligence lawyers (1)
- Uncategorized (2)
- Underage drinking and driving (1)
- Wisconsin accident statistics (1)
- Wrong-way driver (1)