What to Do After a Car Accident
As drivers, we can take all the precautions in the world and still end up in a wreck. The unpredictable actions of others, poor weather or roadway conditions, and other circumstances out of our control can all lead to an accident. When the unforeseen happens, it is helpful to seek legal guidance.
A wreck can be a physically and emotionally exhausting experience. You should not also have to bear the financial consequences of such an event alone. If you have been involved in an accident for which you were not at fault, contact the Racine car accident attorneys of Habush Habush & Rottier, S.C. at 800-242-2874. We may be able to help you attain financial restitution for your losses.
5 Actions to Take Following an Accident
When a wreck happens, you may be unsure what to do. Having a plan of action, however, can greatly minimize this inherent chaos. The following are five important guidelines to remember in the aftermath of an accident:
- Check to make sure no one is hurt. If someone has sustained injuries, immediately contact emergency services.
- Call the police. By law, the police are required to file an accident report. Furthermore, calling the authorities – even if the accident is relatively minor – will greatly help with any insurance claims you file.
- Watch what you say. Do not apologize. Such a statement counts as an admission of fault.
- Get the contact/insurance information of all parties involved in the accident, including any nearby witnesses.
- Take pictures and notes. Keep a detailed record of damages to your vehicle.
If you have sustained losses due to the recklessness of another driver and need smart, attentive legal advice, contact the Racine car accident attorneys of Habush Habush & Rottier, S.C. at 800-242-2874. Our team of legal professionals will work with dedication to help you obtain the financial compensation critical at this time.