Rainy Conditions on the Road
A truly intense rainstorm can be frightening for any driver on a highway. Limited visibility and reduced traction can turn a small mistake while driving into a major problem. Unfortunately, many drivers do not change the way they drive just because it is raining. This unwillingness to slow down and pay more attention can prove dangerous.
If you have been injured or suffered damages because of a reckless driver, contact the Racine car accident lawyers of Habush Habush & Rottier S.C. ® at 800-242-2874.
How to Stay Safe
Keeping yourself and your passengers protected during a rainstorm depends on how well you adapt to changing conditions. If each driver on the road recognized the physical limitations of their vehicles in wet conditions, the road would be a much safer place. Consider the following safety tips next you drive in the rain:
- Slow down, take your time, and do not be pressured into driving fast.
- Brake slowly and from a longer distance than you normally would.
- If you need to turn or change lanes, signal earlier than usual.
- Turn your headlamps on, especially if your windshield wipers are on.
- Make sure your wipers are clean and working like they are supposed to.
Regular car maintenance is also an important part of keeping yourself safe in less-than-ideal conditions.
Working through a personal injury suit following a car accident can be a hectic, stressful process. Let a professional help you today. Contact the Racine car accident attorneys of Habush Habush & Rottier S.C. ® at 800-242-2874 to learn more about your claim’s details.