The Hazards of Motor Vehicle Defects
Some traffic hazards are under your control as a driver, but there are some which are beyond the control of even the most skilled motorist. Malfunctions caused by auto defects fall into the latter category. The complexity of modern automobiles creates a broad range of potential malfunctions; when these flaws appear, it is often a consequence of negligence on the part of a carmaker or a mechanic who has been trusted to work on the vehicle.
If you have been injured in a motor vehicle accident that was the product of a defective vehicle, then it might be worthwhile to investigate your legal options. A successful legal action can help you gain financial compensation for your medical bills, vehicle repairs, lost wages, and more. Contact the Racine auto defect lawyers of Habush Habush & Rottier S.C. ® at 800-242-2874 to speak with a skilled and experienced attorney about your case.
Mechanical Failures and Their Consequences
Some potential mechanical failures and their consequences include:
- Defective windshield wipers – can lead to obscured driver vision
- Tire defects – can cause a driver to lose control of a vehicle or may cause a car to rollover
- Brake malfunction – prevents a driver from averting a collision or stopping where appropriate
- Brake light failure – prevents others from easily recognizing that a vehicle has stopped or is slowing
- Airbag defects – may cause or facilitate traumatic brain injuries and neck injuries
Sometimes defects like these lead to extensive recalls that garner a great deal of media attention. Some mistakes by automakers or mechanics only affect a few vehicles, however, and thus do not receive the same level of attention. If you have been in an accident caused by mechanical failure, you may want to investigate whether the problem was caused by an underlying defect.
Let our compassionate and committed attorneys fight for your legal rights. Contact the Racine car defect attorneys of Habush Habush & Rottier S.C. ®, at 800-242-2874.