How Adverse Weather Affects Roadway Safety
The driver education and driver training process is intended to verify that a would-be motorist has the knowledge and skills necessary to pass the mandatory examinations that qualify one to obtain a driver’s license. The reality, however, is that this system cannot adequately test driver preparedness for all conditions and situations that one will encounter in his or her practical driving experience. One area in which this has the potential to be especially problematic is with regard to the safe operation of a vehicle under adverse weather conditions.
If another motorist’s failure to adjust his or her driving behaviors in response to the prevailing weather conditions resulted in your injury, you may be able to hold him or her accountable. Filing a civil lawsuit allows you to formally record your grievance and may allow you to gain financial compensation for your medical bills and other considerations. Contact the Racine car accident lawyers of Habush Habush & Rottier S.C. ® at 800-242-2874 for more information on what we can do for you.
It is easy to take for granted much about the task of driving because of the amount of time and repetition that one puts into it. However, comparatively little of that experience is acquired in the midst of hazardous weather events. This can result in critical errors that may lead to preventable car crashes. Some examples of how hazardous weather can interfere with highway safety are as follows:
- Fog can prevent a driver from observing other the presence or actions of other vehicles and may obscure bends or other important roadway features
- Rain can interfere with visibility and can impair braking, turning, and all handling
- Snow can effectively blind drivers, compromise visibility, and reduce braking, turning, and overall control
- Ice can cause vehicles to skid by creating a lower degree of friction than that for which the tires are designed
- High winds can cause some vehicles to rollover and may limit the ability of some motorists to control their vehicles
Let us help you fully explore your legal rights and options before you make a choice that could potentially cost you the remedies that you are afforded under the law. Contact the Racine car accident lawyers of Habush Habush & Rottier S.C. ® at 800-242-2874 today for more information.