6 Important Pedestrian Safety Tips
More and more people are discovering the benefits of walking, a great alternative to driving that allows you to exercise as well as participate in a greener lifestyle. Unfortunately, however, traveling on foot also carries with it many risks, as nearby drivers are often careless in their treatment of pedestrians. In fact, according to the National Highway Traffic Association, a pedestrian suffers from a traffic-related injury every 8 minutes.
If you have endured injuries or other losses because of a reckless driver’s actions, a Racine auto accident attorney of Habush Habush & Rottier S.C. can help you obtain the compensation you need at this time. The financial costs of your accident may seem overwhelming now, but there is hope. To discuss your case, call our offices at 800-242-2874 today.
Safety Tips for Pedestrians
In order for pedestrians to stay safe, it is critical to take as many preventative measures as possible to decrease your chances of being hurt in an auto accident. Below are six useful safety tips all pedestrians should follow:
- Stay alert. Do not just obey pedestrian signals—actively look out for reckless or inattentive drivers.
- Do not wear headphones while near traffic; pay attention to engine noise and honking.
- Make yourself visible by wearing bright colors. At night, wear reflective materials and carry a flashlight.
- Always walk facing oncoming traffic.
- When crossing the street, watch out for turning vehicles.
- Cross streets at marked crosswalks and intersections.
However, no matter how safety-conscious you may be, you can still be hurt by a negligent driver.
If you have been involved in an accident despite your best efforts to stay safe, contact a compassionate Racine auto accident lawyer of Habush Habush & Rottier S.C. We have years of experience in helping innocent pedestrians seek damages from the careless drivers who hurt them. For a free, friendly consultation, call 800-242-2874.