How to Act in Court
For many injured motorists, an accident caused by another person’s reckless or careless behavior is grounds for a civil lawsuit. In the course of pursuing compensation from another person or entity, a person may have to go to court multiple times. During these proceedings, it is important for the claimant to maintain a certain amount of formality and respect for the court.
For more information regarding your legal rights and options if you have been injured by a reckless driver, contact the Racine car accident attorneys of Habush Habush & Rottier S.C. by calling 800-242-2874 today.
What Not to Wear and Say
Legal proceedings can be overwhelming for some people. After all, these proceedings will determine whether or not a person will receive compensation for his or her accident-related expenses. Throughout this process, there are a few simple rules that every claimant should follow. These rules include the following:
- Do not lie or provide false information
- Speak directly and only when prompted, letting your attorney argue for you
- Do not wear casual clothing, meaning no jeans or t-shirts
- Do not wear inappropriate shoes, which includes athletic shoes or shoes that are worn down or dirty
- Do not wear clothes that are too flashy or brightly colored
During any legal proceeding it is important to be mature and treat others with respect at all times.
If you have sustained an injury because of another driver’s negligent behavior, you may be eligible for compensation. To discuss the details of your claim with an experienced legal advisor, contact the Racine auto accident lawyers of Habush Habush & Rottier S.C. today at 800-242-2874.